Saturday, January 9, 2016

Scarlet Heart 步步惊心


2015 marks the end of the year and during my unfavored health, I have been hearing people talk about the Korean remake of Chinese Historical Romance Drama of Bu Bu Jing Xin.
They are going to make the remake with Lee Jun Ki as 4th Prince (played by Nicky Wu) and IU as Ruo Xi (played by Cecilia Liu).

Since the news is kinda big and I remembered Annabelle, my Singaporean friend last time told me about this drama, then I decided to just try this famous C-drama and yes, it's really a beautiful story. The plot is kinda simple: where a 25 year old woman of 21st century traveled back to Qing Dynasty and had to deal with the romance with Kang Xi Emperor's Son.


Yet it was really a twist for me to know the end of the story and how lovable of 14th Prince with his own way of expressing his love. Though he is not the main lead, yet I think he need more screen play. Because of this movie, I have been searching around about the history of Qing Dynasty and yet I was really shocked to know how they regulate the Country at that time. Really a Forbidden City. I was glad enough to know that I was born in this era, having to love in Qing Dynasty must be a lot of hell.

This story doesn't really tell which way is true or not true. It really put us on the gray area and the decision depends solely on how you want things to end. What I learnt from this kinda-complicated political and love reign is that, you couldn't obtain both love and power.

There should be things you may have to sacrifice before gaining the other thing. The end of the story is that, another person has become the King of the Dynasty, got the power he really wants for all his life, but he is alone in that Palace. Meanwhile, the other person is not the Emperor of the Dynasty, but he ended up living with the person he loves until her last remaining day, living a peaceful and comfortable live without thinking much about the political scheming.

It's just up to you what kind of decision you want and I choose love over power. What about yours?


Cheers,


Lishea

No comments:

Post a Comment