Tuesday, May 9, 2017

My Secret Romance First Six Episode Impression


My Secret Romance tells a story of a woman named Yoo Mi, who is quite passionate about cooking and a chaebol of underwear company, Jin Wook. Jin Wook and Yoo Mi meet at a Gangwon-do resort and get caught up in a series of misunderstandings and accidents. Yoo Mi was charmed by Jin Wook's sly and playful personality, and they unexpectedly spend the night together. However, Yoo Mi disappears in the morning, leaving Jin Wook feeling perplexed and irrationally angry.

Three years later, the two meet again when Yoo Mi becomes a nutritionist at the company cafeteria where Jin Wook works. They pretend to not recognize each other, while fighting their attraction for each other. Finally Yoo Mi admits that she remembers the incident. Jin Wook asks her the reason that why she left him and she replies that it was just a one night stand.

From the synopsis, it sounds pretty interesting enough with this type of storyline. Reminding me of Fated To Love You starring Joe Chen and Ethan Ruan. This time, My Secret Romance casts Sung Hoon, an athlete turns actor as the male lead and Secret's Song Ji Eun as the female lead. The first few episodes felt quite entertaining, though I found the story was forced to fit with the storyline. 


Sung Hoon acts quite well in Oh My Venus as a mysterious guy, but he has stiff expression as an actor, which I don't really understand what he is feeling actually, whether he is happy, sad or angry since he always shows the same expression, kinda awkward. I found him kinda cool actually as an idol, not as a chaebol and CEO of the Company. He always wears tight blouse and I found it kinda excessive. But well, considering he is an athelete turns actor, there is no wonder that he has good body structure, but for me personally, he is just not my stype, sorry not sorry....

Well, there are not so many good actor and actress actually and that's when I am glad that Park Bo Gum is one of the best in the industry. On the other hand, Song Ji Eun did quite a good job as a female lead. I don't know whether it is because of her character who is kinda awkward with Jin Wook, or she really is good with the acting. Considering that Yoo Mi is her first leading role in acting world, Song Ji Eun did protray Lee Yoo Mi in such a good way. I guess, more practice and experience may lead her to be better later on, though she has some limitations also in this drama.

Overall, if you have excess time to watch and there are nothing to watch on your weekend night, you could try to watch My Secret Romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment