Sunday, December 31, 2017

My Old Time Anime Fave - Hunter X Hunter


Now, I finally understand why some adults told they wanted to go back to the school era the last time when I was 10 years old - and that's because it's the time where you have nothing to worry about rather than your school grade and your anime fave character. With the upcoming Christmas and New Year holiday, I've been using my time to re-watching my old time fave anime, Hunter X Hunter, though it's still ongoing up till now, due to the long hiatus.

This anime has been around since 1998 - that's when I was 6 years old. The manga was made into anime the first time in 1999, and in 2000, that's when I was introduced to the idea of HUNTER. It's logically a word that a 7 years old has no idea about. The whole story focus on a 12 years old boy, named God Freecs who wants to be a hunter and to look for his pro-hunter Dad, Ging Freecs. It was then started with a hunter exams, a very interesting story to rate someone's potential. Maybe this is where that made me to be one of the superhero in real life as well. I had always been wanting to be a special person, but reality kicks in and that's when I realized, I just want an ordinary and peaceful life. 

What made this anime is so special is that, the friendship between Gon and Killua, an assassin from the famous Zoldyck family. Their friendship is what really inspired me so much, their teamwork, their support and even their abilities, Gosh, these two kids are really amazing. I admired Killua the most actually, and maybe because the fighting approach is more in line with my personality as well. But what amazed me even more is the writer, Yoshihiro Togashi. I just had no idea how he could manage to connect each of the arc in Hunter X Hunter, so that it became a very fantastic story. For example, Kite, the first Hunter Gon has ever met, eventually will come back again later on in Chimera Ant Arc.

Another one is mentioned by Kurapika on the hunter exam first about the Phantom Troupe which eventually we have the Yorknew City Arc for the fighting against Phantom Troupe (one of my fave arc). Besides, I just can't imagine how skillful Ging Freecs is, since he made the Greed Island game which indeed took place in a real world, allowing many Nen users to collect 100 cards. Afterwards, it came to the most amazing arc so far, the Chimera Ant Arc. Even after this arc, so many people from the first arc would come out. Togashi really thinks through everything clearly and he really knows what he wanted to do with the whole story. 

And... I just can't wait for his new work, Dark Continent Arc, another story for A-class beast. Even Chimera Ant is classified as B-class beast in which Netero has to sacrificed his life to beat Mereum, the King of Chimera Ant. I do wonder what would happen in Dark Continent, even though it's possible that Gon & Killua would not appear as the main character in this arc. Somehow it's possible for Killua because Alluka abilities is derived from the creatures in Dark Continent, so if he wanted to end the suffering for Alluka, maybe he needs to go to Dark Continent as well. A new whole world which is closed to all the people in the whole world. 

Anyway, whoever wants to get a good holiday film to watch, I recommend Hunter X Hunter. 
Have fun and happy holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment