Wednesday, April 6, 2016

South Korea Trip - Spring 2016 (Part 3)

Day 4:
The next day at morning we go back directly to Gimpo International Aiport and directly go to Nami Island. I dunno why but today my hair is kinda messy and I don't like the way it goes down. But well, whatever case, I need to groom well to take pictures right?


It takes one hour to fly from Jeju to Gimpo and another 2 hours to go to Nami Island. The island is privately owned and it is named after General Nami. The weather in seoul is so hot in the afternoon, nearning 20 degree Celcius. Anyway, we take some pictures there ^^



We eat Chicken BBQ for lunch and after we are satisfied with Nami Island, we go to Everland, which takes around 2 hours again from Nami Island. Nami Island is famous for dating place amoung youngers in Korea.



Everland is the biggest theme park in Korea and many times Running Man shoots there. But this time since we are planning to go to Dongdaemun at night to shop, then we only have around  2 hours and it is not enough to queue for a ride since it's very crowded with Korean people and I wonder why they are there while it's time for them to work.


It's Friday man and so many younger people have a date there. Since the food is expensive there and the queue is also long, so then we decide to just eat KFC. The KFC there taste a little bit different but surely yummy and delicious.






At night, we vists Dongdaemun, sadly I don't have a chance to buy anything there since clothes are expensive in Doota and I don't bring money with me and Mom is out there nowhere. What I can get is the poster of Song Joong Ki and triplets calender for 2017 and 2018 <3



We reach hotel at 12 o'clock and it's super late yet tomorrow morning we still have tours to go. The epic incident is, Tante Dian forgets to bring the key for her baggage lock and well, we need to call the front office to help us at midnight. OMG, when we are already tired and want to rest asap.

Day 5:
First, we go to Gyeongbokgung Palace, National Folk Museum and visit some Ginseng and Cosmetics Shops. The Gyeongbokgung is so pretty whereby you can see the traditional culture in the middle of high-raise building. It's actually a replica made to reserve the culture.

















But I was so pissed off with the tour guide cos it's hard for me to take picture. Gyeongbokgung is also very big and there isn't time to take ootd pictures. Meanwhile, this is the point whereby I have to take ootd picture on that traditional castle :(


After that we are brought to Ginseng & Cosmetics Shop and I end up taking some pictures along the road with Mom since we both don't want to hear the botox presentation. We had Chinese Food for lunch at Mapo-Gu but I didn't take the pictures.


Then we go to Shilla Duty Free shop to buy some cosmetics and it's so crowded there with so many Chinese shops there. I am getting annoyed to Michelle since she did tell me last night when I want to buy cosmetics at Dongdaemun that it's cheaper at Myeongdong. I asked her what's the difference between Shilla Duty Free and Myeongdong but she just tell me if the stock is there, just buy the one in Shilla Duty Free. I didn't brought my notes and the time to shop there is only 45 minutes with that crowded Chinese people. So annoying, if I know, then I would just buy the one at Dongdaemun since I hate being chased by time.


Next, we are going to N Seoul Tower which is located at the top of Nam Mountain (San) thus is also called Namsan Tower. It's so dark and N Seoul Tower is used many times at K-drama, one of the most famous is from Boys Over Flowers whereby Namsan Tower is the first dating location of Lee Min Ho and Goo Hye Sun and Kim So Hyun and Jun Ji Hyun on My Love From Another Star.

Seoul City at Night



After that we go to Myeongdong Street and I am crazy to buy cosmetics. I buy so much, around 2 paper bag. The masks at Nature Republic is very cheap and you get the 10+10 promotion. Super daebak!!! Must try , it's a heaven for cosmetics shopping.


I also try the famous O'sulloc Green Tea Ice crea, which taste just nice for me and also the strawberry mochi which taste good to me. It's very Korean and you must try when you visit Seoul. I don't have time to go and try the other street food this time, but hopefully the next time I visit Korea, I am able to try the rest like Corndog and cheap Oemuk (the one I try cost around 2,500 Korean Won and it consists of some fishball, the one which cost 800 Korean Won only has the tofu fishcake.)

Day 5:
Time to go back, before going back, I explore the street around the Hotel and grab the Blueberry Macaron from Paris Bagutte and we all go for lunch and shopping at the Supermarket and directly go to Incheon International Airport to go back to Jakarta.




It was a wonderful trip and I am sure I will go back again to Korea in fall or winter season once again, but to go for Seoul only. The trip is not as wow as I expect, specially the nature hunting, but I still like the weather, the trees, the spring itself. Many time, Taiwan's nature hunting is way more amazingly beautiful in many ways. Things that I learn from one of my fave country is that:

1. It's hard to speak English with Korean, not because they don't understand but they are shy to talk in English. Many times we have to speak in Mandarin and I wonder whether we are in Korea or China.
2. Be careful when you are at road because there are many drunk drivers who drive after drinking soju. Make sure to wear seatbelt at anytime.
3. Ahjumma is very annoying with their grumpy, impatient and unfriendly attitude and Ahjussi is way nicer than Ahjumma.
4. Yoo Jae Suk, Suzy, Kim Joong Kook, Hyun Bin, Lee Kwang Soo, AOA's Seolhyun, Yoo Ah In, Song Hye Kyo, Park Shin Hye are everywhere on the bus top advertisment, mrt station or anywhere.
5. But Song Joong Ki is the most famous one since we are all on #SONGJOONGKISYNDROME
6. So many good-looking Oppa, yet sadly they are too pretty to be on the list of my boyfriend.
7. There are many public parks and I love it since they are very rich with trees and flowers.
8. Rich of cultures and many Korean love their nation.
9. It has a huge space for mainroad and there is no roadblock at all.
10. The drivers can stop behind the zebracross and it's super nice to have it as they respect the pedestrians.
11. So many good architectural buildings.
12. A heaven for cosmetics' hunting. Masks are very cheap here.
13. Pork is a must try in Korea.
14. There are many coffee shops since Korean love coffee for breakfast.
15. Samsung is a huge company there as they also have the famous and most expensice hotel in Korea, which is THE SHILLA and SHILLA DUTY FREE mall.
16. Seoul is very clean and they are hardly use plastic bag for their shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment