Saturday, October 8, 2016

The Old Memories

“People have an annoying habit of remembering things they shouldn't.” 

― Christopher Paolini, Eragon



It was exactly 11 months ago, no more, no less and I've been living well with an annoying habit of remembering things I shouldn't do. But since the pain is over, the remembrance of it often becomes a pleasure nowadays. That person might be living well enough somewhere while sometimes I am afraid to take a step further. Even once, I thought things might not happen again. 


But on this day, I think, I saw those eyes again in somebody else. I might not remember it vividly, but I am sure what that look means. This person took my attention for saying, "No, it's you actually. If you need something, you are the one who should tell us." showing off the gentleman's attitude. I was treated as if I were in western drama with their standard of mannerism and the feeling is very refreshing. Well, that's no wonder since that person comes far away with those cultures and values. 


What makes me reminded of the old memories is that when this person finally speaks up the idea of taking photos together. Well, I thought why not for just being friendly? But since I have other things to do, the chance is gone. Besides, at first, I took it as a joke because there is no reason to take one and I was afraid that things might go the same way like last time. 

THOSE EYES!
Although I admit to be a little bit disappointed, but I came to face the reality that there are risks to take specially with distance and cultures. But I was relieved that this kind of memory now doesn't belong to only one person. Things might happen again in the near future and for a few weeks I'll be happy enough because the remembrance of it becomes a pleasure, specially with those eyes. You know, those EYES. 

Live in such a way that if anyone speaks badly of you, no one would believe it #bogummy #bogummyfever



“...when pain is over, the remembrance of it often becomes a pleasure.” 
― Jane Austen, Persuasion

“Sometimes you can’t let go of the past without facing it again.” 
― Gail Tsukiyama, The Samurai's Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment