Saturday, February 11, 2017

A True Meaning of Friendship

I may say that I have friends, not so many, but indeed I have several groups which I can considered to be part of it. Personally, since I was in primary school, I don't like the idea of having a group. It was like putting yourself only closed to several people, while I like talking to everyone and seeking for attention (not to say I don't). But, having a group means that you have to stick with that group all day at school. I end up having very few close friends which we become friend due to a more intimate relationship. It happened that we connect with each other and not in a group situation. It was merely a one-to-one approach.

However, as I get older and entered university life outside my comfort zone, I found out that having a group you can hang out always every weekend is something that I really want to have. While I finally had it, I really feel blessed having several people whom we all connect to and call it as a group. But this doesn't mean that I lose the other friendship which I had built in the past.

The thing that change over the time is that I realize that by entering 25 years old, you can't really count the number of close friends you have. You now classify them by acquaintances, friends, best friends, best friends forever or brother and sister for life.  I realized that quality is far away more important that just a mere number. Besides, you should be able to choose a friend who can supports and gives you good and positive energy vibes. That way, you can grow in a much better way.

While I was pondering much what is the true meaning of friends, I finally got the answers. A good friendship will allow you to look back to yourself and reflect back on what you can improve in your life. A good friend may not always compliment you, but they will surely supports you. It might not be in a good word, sometimes they push you from the back by giving you a slap on the face. But, there is clearly a difference between giving you a slap on the face sometimes or criticize you for everything you did always. So, be clear about it, because keep living in that situation won't even help your mental state and healthy.

I believe that a good friendship won't compare what you have done with what he/she has done. Comparing is not a healthy friendship and jealousy often leads to a negative feelings and bad mental health. A good friendship would support you either in good or bad times. They may give you advice which may not what you expect, but they won't compare, instead wanting you to improve. They may understand your situation, be considerate of you and care of you. Sometimes, when you had a constant fight with you friends, then consider yourself to get out from that friendship, because it is not worth the try. Why are you trying so hard to be friend with someone who doesn't even consider your situation and always pick a fight with you?


No comments:

Post a Comment