Wednesday, February 8, 2017

The Lonely Shining Goblin Final Thought & Review

With the ending of The Lonely Shining Goblin, our fantasy land has just landed and we are all back to the earth. No more fantasy, but at least we get a full and better understanding about God. I really like the idea of life and death in this drama particularly when reincarnation was the basic point of the story. Moreover, we have a better understanding now about goblin and grim reaper (which I always thought like the western culture where the grim reapers wear black cloak) while actually this drama incorporates a more friendly and imaginative idea of super cute grim reapers. I might say this is biased but I always feel the innocence of our Wang Yeo as a grim reaper before he finds out his memories, thinking that grim reaper is a innocent being.

That's a new logic to me that Grim Reaper is someone with heavy sins of killing himself (or we called suicide), and they are punished under the form of not being alive nor death. The biggest punishment is actually to desire a life they had abandoned once. This idea is really cool and I think I might get what our Kim Eun Sook means. While I don't really understand why Goblin was so popular in Korea, but I guess that's because Goblin has such close mythology with korean children when they are small and Goblin is perceived as supernatural character which can bring wealth to human being. It's just me who still need to check out the real story behind the famous Goblin and explore why it is so happening there.

I love the bromance between Lee Dong Wook and Gong Yoo, where forgiveness is a way to be peace and they end up as a good friend. That's so supportive in the matter of what has happened between them in the past. Besides, I also like the story when God was actually featured as a butterfly, without any form which can do anything. Sometimes, the rules there is kinda weird, for Him to play around with fate, but is that what He truly means? Fate is the question he ask and we should be the one looking for the answer? Okay? What does it mean? Does He mean whether there is fate between the character and the answer is something he couldn't even predict, because there are things that are out of His control, and maybe, by having a very sincere pray, one unpredictable door may open?

What captured me the most is how Kim Shin (played by Gong Yoo) went through 30 years waiting for Eun Tak (played by Kim Go Eun) to come back. Sometimes, there will be times he will feel tired or out of the place, but God may come in different forms to push you back on the track. That's so inspiring and I love this quote so much that God's advice and way might be from your friends or even strangers. I know that Eun Tak has three more lives, but what's gonna happen to Shin if Eun Tak completed all the lives? Then, Kim Shin will stay as the lonely goblin. Why God still put him under such punishment? Maybe we could get season 2 then? Wondering curiously.

In my opinion, this show is good enough, to even reach such ratings, with huge-scale budget on the costumes, CGs, background setting, storytelling, casts and storylines. But for me personally, I think I still love Secret Garden the best for Kim Eun Sook's drama. I like this drama much, but it doesn't make me can't wait for the episodes. I think, this drama could have done much much better if the story explores and explains more on how Gong Yoo and Kim Go Eun fell for each other, because I seriously don't see the chemistry. My impression of Eun Tak is still the high school girl, with her childish and a little bit forceful act as a teenager. Though she did best when she cried on the day Kim Shin left. She really did BEST, but I had a hard time in the beginning of the story, as if she is materialistic, wanting to have Kim Shin just because he is rich and can go travel around the world just by opening a door. Is it because she needs him, or she indeed love him? (though we all know that in the end she loves him sincerely, for her to be able to touch the sword.)

No comments:

Post a Comment