Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Quarter Life: 25 years old

"OMG, you are still 25 years old? I feel so old. You should just go around, make some more friends, enjoy life and things would happen eventually." 

There were so many people I meet on everyday basis, but this particular person could make such comment in a very special and inspiring way. Rather than talking about I should find my other half, this person share to me what I should be doing in my quarter life instead.

My first impression, he is a very naggy type of person, a little bit bossy but still managable. I never know that in just a brief moment, he would just turn out in completely different person. He grabbed me for a round of drinks, then told me that I still have a duty - must finish before I could go home. In my conscious mind, the most urgent thing to do is to quickly finish my glass and leave that place. But that's only just a start. 

Things started to change after you took a sip, with nice musics as the background, your body started to heat up. More topics to talk about obviously, from how we both felt happy since the main leads finally got married after going through ups and down. I thought it was just a random topic to make the situation a bit less awkward, but this is the start of everything. He then started to talk about himself, trying to make a good impression (of course in my opinion), that he is different from any other people - he finished his study abroad and came back to help on the family business, not because he is forced but he truly likes the job; he broke up with his nine years ex-girlfriend - feeling depressed for a year - went on so many dates but ended up with totally nothing till one day when he decided not looking for anyone; then he found the one. 

If it is meant to be, it will go in such an easy way. Everything just flows smoothly without any force, maybe we could call it by fate, a destiny (okay, I am not a romanticist type). What I feel amazed about is when he said, he actually knew this girl (which is his wife now) long time ago and always finds she's so attractive yet he thinks that she is out of his league. Well, because the girl is so beautiful - and usually a beautiful girl would probably has different taste. What a very honest opinion, right? This time, he was introduced again and things fell eventually. They got married 6 months ago and he is living a happy marriage life. He even said that, before with his ex-gf, he just felt contented about himself, but there is totally no push to be better. If you met the right person, you would want to be a better version of yourself and that's what you should look for. After those conversation, everyone around us was like staring and asking him what we're doing - well, just sharing life story, isn't it?

I knew maybe some people would say the way is kinda wrong, but I wouldn't mind having somebody shared his/her life. We could learn some new experience from them and what I love most is the positive energy that this person has given me. Maybe, maybe it's been too long since I had a nice conversation with someone - or those butterflies has disappeared for too long (okay, joke). Or maybe because this kind of socialization is kinda exciting, sometimes. My life has been so flat these days. 

Don't judge me, I know and I had it right in my mind, that I had to stop here - it's just that this person is kinda admirable in his charming way. These days, everyone around me, always talk about something that I don't wanna hear. It was like everyone doesn't have any business to do and always been a busy body in my life - specially love life. Whatever case, it's been a really long time since I feel this motivated to run through my life with faith and hopes. 

25 years old - you are still so young to just think about relationship. You still have a LOT to think about, your career, what you wanna do in life, explore the world, travel more often, learn new skills, socialize with so new people, make your connection broader, keep your chin up and smile even though life is not always go with the way you want, and most importantly never settle for something less than your best. 

In any case, thank you for reminding me a good life lesson and see you when I see you some other time!

No comments:

Post a Comment