Monday, September 19, 2016

Little Angel: Korean Dramas that I watch recently

After the ending of Uncontrollably Fond and W last weeks, here comes the show that I watch currently. Much to the excitement, there are also some K-drama I haven't watched much. 

Monday - Tuesday

Love in the Moonlight/Moonlight Drawn by Clouds


Love in the moonlight is truly a win for me for the whole week. Been waiting for each episodes, wishing that I could get to see our Crown Prince (played by Park Bo Gum) every day in my Moonlight bubble happy place and pretend the rest of the week didn’t happen.


Not only are the music, the story line, the editing scene, the visuals, and the acting all executed so well that I feel my heart fluttering like a teenager’s again, I love how this show makes an old trope new. Let’s face it, we’ve seen the crossdressing romance done, and done well, before. But this drama mines all the angst and the tension, and gives us the swoony satisfaction that we crave, while still managing to give us a new dynamic between hero and heroine. I love it even more that they set it in historical period rather than in modern time, which raises some stakes to note, that heightened emotional feeling that is underscored even more by the nature of life in the inner palace.


Is cutie Crown Prince out to get me? Why is he continually trying to kill me with every episode? You should take it easy with the teary-eyed smiles, Yeong – I want to live to see the rest of the show. Like how Ra On (played by Kim Yoo Jung) made you get angry when she is not around. You made me crazy when I don't see you around with your Bombastic dance. 


The reasons why this drama gets a big hit is because they incorporated some of the value in which other dramas might not do it usually, specially with the first teaser which captures and attracts a lot of attentions. 


Crown Prince Yeong really portrays a childish and naughty boy who is learning how to be an adult, with his bombastic teaser, it perfectly fits with his character. OMG, that glint in his eyes and his expression, I'm dying~ 


Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo 


I had a big hope at first actually for this drama, since it's a pre-produced drama, that means the production might have more time to do good, or even better editing. They do not need to rush anything and slowly take their time to ensure the successful of the story line. Yet, I find each episodes of Moon Lovers to be good as an individual episodes rather than as a whole. It is hard to point out what has gone wrong because when I point out the editing failures, that itself doesn't necessarily fix it. Sometimes I’ll come across some puzzling edits, jarring cuts, and nonsensical compositions which are confusing to some of the viewers.


I also found a scene when Soo (played by IU) look at Wook, the 8th Prince (played by Kang Ha Neul) to be out of focus. Is the videographer suddenly too tired to hold on the camera? I do wonder. (To note: not in this picture)


But after Love in the Moonlight, I always reach for this drama, but at the end of every hour, I’m dissatisfied. There are some plots which I think it will be better if they follow the original one, rather than making a new one, it seems to be forced much. 


Wednesday - Thrusday

Jealousy Incarnate


This drama is typically a mature love story rather than a heart-warming teenage's love. 

Let's admit it, It's not a new for us to see a love story between the male lead's best friend with female lead, leading to triangle love. I know this is not a show I'll be rooting much, but I do watch it every week, but not as much as I wait for Love in the Moonlight.

This show certainly takes its time getting anywhere, but the slow unraveling of Lee Hwa Sin's (played by Jo Jung Suk) true feelings towards Pyo Na Ari (played by Gong Hyo Jin) was worth the wait. Now that we’re here in mixed-up-feelings romanceland, you’ve got me.

On the Way to Airport



Much to my anticipation, 'Road to the Airport' depicts thoughts about relationship between people. The drama begins with a question, 'Couldn't there be any decent relationship between a married man and a married woman in this world?" It is a melodrama touching your heart to deliver empathy, solace and thoughts about ultimate love to drama fans through the stories of the leading characters.


Friday - Saturday

Cinderella and the Four Knights


Is there any way to send Son Na Eun’s character to fashion school on a different continent? She’s putting a damper on my cotton candy fluff, and this show is not one to hold up well under any dampening, of any kind whatsoever. 

Watching this show feels like a totally different world than all the previous dramas I mentioned. I really don't like it when Son Na Eun's character is so clingy, making things to be complicated purposefully and it feels as if this show is totally a high-school dramas with some of the obvious lines and plot. Even more when Eun Ha Won (played by Park So Dam) finds out Kang Ji Woon's (played by Jung Il Woo) feeling towards Hye Ji (played by Son Na Eun), she looks much jealous and it's obvious that she has feelings for Ji Woon. But in this show, it seems as if Ji Woon still wonders what he did wrong to her. Gosh, frustrating with the so-much-obvious acting!

No comments:

Post a Comment