Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Why Medical Drama Is So Addicting?

I am wondering as well why medical drama is so addicting, at least to me. I am not a doctor - never in my thought that I would want to be a doctor as well. I've been studying Science back then since Junior High School, not my cup of tea but I did quite well in Biology. Ever since knowing how long it takes to become a doctor, I never wanted to be a doctor. 

However, it amazes me when a doctor becomes a real doctor. To save patients and to give back to society. I've been following many stories about medical world, either from webtoon, comics like God Hand, Teru until real dramas about surgery. It's kinda scary to see how much blood in surgery filming but well, I end up liking how much thrill it gives. 

It all started from Obstetrics and Gynecology Doctor (starring Jang Seo Hee, Ko Joo Won, Seo Ji Suk and Song Joong Ki). The main lead, Dr. Seo Hae Young is a tough and strict woman who happens to steal the hearts of men. Besides the story is based on case by case, thus enabling us to get a better understanding about hospital world. Starting from the diseases, problems and also heartfelt situations about baby. 

After that it starts again with Brain, Doctor Strange (which turns out as action drama instead -.-), Yong Pal (though not focus on surgery), Dr. Jin (too historical & traditional), Good Doctor, Romantic Doctor Kim (woww), Doctor, Descendant of the Sun, and last but not least the one I like the most, Hospital Ship (starring Ha Ji Won & Kang Min Hyuk)

Why medical drama is soo addicting? 
Personally for me, 
1. I like how the story does not focus only on romance. 
2. The female lead personality is not the same like any other k-drama. A female doctor usually has rough, tough, confident and rational way of thinking. 
3. The male lead would come off as someone who will support you all the way - usually a smart one.

And I think....I've been falling for Kang Min Hyuk in Hospital Ship.
He's not that handsome like Yang Se Jong or Kim Jae Wook on Temperature of Love, but the vibe, he has a warm and fluttering eyes which makes anyone melts within a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment