Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Upcoming Drama: Tomorrow With You


It’s only one poster, but we’ve been so deprived of updates from tvN’s upcoming time-traveling-romance-fantasy drama Tomorrow With You that this one simple poster is pretty effective at revving up my dormant excitement over the show. It’s Lee Je Hoon (Signal) and Shin Min Ah (Oh My Venus), transcending time be in love with each other! There’s no way I’m not watching this.

The poster features the leads sitting side by side on the subway, casting sweet looks at each other. Tomorrow With You stars Lee Je Hoon as the time-traveling Yoo So Joon, he of the perfect looks and talent and personality, and tells the story of his unpredictable romance that unfolds with Shin Min Ah’s character, the lively and endlessly positive Song Ma Rin. The couple marries three months after their meeting, and their romance is described as both sweet and savage, which certainly piques my curiosity.

Coming from PD Yoo Je Won of laugh-a-minute comedies Oh My Ghostes and High School King of Savvy, I think we can expect some zaniness and zippy humor. And with these two actors, I’m also crossing my fingers for mad romantic chemistry, because it seems like the kind of show that could live or die by chemistry. (Let’s think positive and anticipate living.)

Writing is Heo Sung Hye, whose most recent drama is the melodrama Full Sun, although she did also write the 2012 rom-com film All About My Wife. Tomorrow With You will be tvN’s next Friday-Saturday drama, following The Lonely Shining Goblin; basically, tvN wants to rule our weekends now and forevermore. The drama premieres in February 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment