Saturday, December 31, 2016

Best Korean Drama of 2016

Here's the top korean drama for the year 2016 so far in my very best version:

1. Descendant of The Sun 

Rating: 9.8/10
Descendant of The Sun marks Song Joong Ki's comeback drama after military and the show gets the highest rating in Korea. I love how this drama does not use a very mainstream storyline, instead a plot which many people neglected many times. It's all about a soldier and a doctor who meet at the war zone area and learn how to love each other. I just love Dr. Kang Mo Yeon (played by Song Hye Kyo) so much, because she's an independent woman and knows what she truly wants. She is understandable and I just love her attitude towards love. She needs it, but she is not desperately wanting to hold onto it. Though we all know what would happen in the love story between two people who has to serve for the country with their life, the writer puts the ending story in such a good way, a very realistic one, though I still hope we can get a happy ending scene.

2. Moonlight Drawn By Clouds

Rating: 9/10
Speaking of historical drama, this is one of the best historical drama I've ever seen. You should check this out because this show would never get you bored during the first half of the story. I love the cheekiness of Park Bo Gum, his expression, his voice, his gaze and all of that! Even the innocence of Kim Yoo Jung. The story tells about a young girl who end up as a Eunuch and falls in love with the Crown Prince. Without knowing her real identity, our Crown Prince also falls for her. That's so much bromance and comedic scene involved. One thing I am quite disappointed is that how the story goes on towards the end, because I feel a little bit quite long for Ra On and Crown Prince to get back together. They are forced to avoid each other and I just don't like that!

3. Uncontrollably Fond

Rating: 7/10
Many people have complained that this drama is the worst of all time. Well, that's not wrong since I just don't like how the story goes on towards the end. There is no happiness at all for our main lead. Only had sufferings all the way right from the beginning. We all know what would be the ending right from episode 1. But I just love how the characters' growth each episodes, specially Kim Woo Bin's character. He's a type of bad boy, but he happened to smile and care a lot for Noh Eul (played by Suzy). If you like melodrama, this one should be on your list to check out. You would cry a river!

4. Doctors

Rating: 8.5/10
In terms of story line and personal growth, I just love how Park Shin Hye could grow up amazingly, proving to the world that even though she may not have a good background, but she could achieve something everyone would never expect she could do it. However, regarding the romance story line, well, I don't quite like it since nothing you can peek. It's so obvious that Park Shin Hye and Kim Rae Won would end up together and that's all. My curiousity disappeared once they both confirmed to be together.


5. W - Two World

Rating: 7/10
The OST by Park Bo Ram is amazingly good. I love this drama and every twist they made up to episode 7, where our writer put all the idea and twist in it. But regarding the context, the story line and the background how things could happen, well... that's a lot of questions. Actually I was waiting about this drama back then, but when the story started to get confusing and non-sense, I lost my interest, though I still watch it till the end. But the chemistry between Lee Jong Suk and Han Hyo Joo is unbeatable. I have written about the review on my previous post, go and check it out. I think if you are the type of think out-of-the-box person, you would like this drama.

6. Scarlet Heart:Ryeo


Rating: 5/10
Sadly, the original one of Scarlet Heart, Bu Bu Jing Xin is far better in explaining how things happened in such a strange way and how the effect of messing with the past history could affect the future, and that's how history couldn't be changed. I had expect that this drama would be better since the drama was pre-produced, meaning that they did more for editing and arranging, yet the quality was so lacking and I was very disappointed with the result. What a waste of Lee Jun Ki

No comments:

Post a Comment