Thursday, July 28, 2016

Deep Insight of Uncontrollably Fond

Been reading the comments, articles and reviews for Uncontrollably Fond and I didn't expect that so many people think UF deserves much better ratings for last night's episode. 


According to AGB Nielsen, W gains a 12.9% ratings for Episode 3 meanwhile Uncontrollably Fond only gains 8.6% in rating competition against W. Although I am a fan to both drama, but somewhat I cheer more for Uncontrollably Fond rather than W because the story line touched my heart more. It's very disappointing to know Episode 7 only gain a 8.6% in rating because I would personally say, I am waiting for episode 7 more than what I imagined. I even strongly recommend myself to wake up early in the morning at 4.30am just to watch the drama with English Subs right before I have to go for work. Although I end up sleeping again, but that determination is somewhat I rarely do for any other dramas. The last one I think is for Descendant of the Sun because we all heard about Captain Yoo is gonna die. 


After all, thinking back why Lee Kyung Hee writer-nim simply states about JY is dying soon, I think because of this small thing, all the relationship matters, the attitude of JY is understandable and makes senses for him to really want to be selfish of his time left and pursues what he really wants. If we don't know what he is going through, I guess the storyline will be just like a simple and mainstream romantic dramas. Yet, with such a beautifully written storyline, we get much more insight and perspective from just a small but significant thing to the development of the main characters. 


Do you remember the first episode? JY is shooting the last scene and in the end he said "I don't want to die. I can't die this way, director." which clearly states what he really wants deep inside his heart and thought. Meanwhile the director says, because of this is the last episode and it is going to be aired soon and the writer refused to edit the ending. Does it hint to us that Lee Kyung Hee also will refuse to edit the ending? So JY is gonna die? OMG, please don't. 


On the other hand, it's when Na Ri calls Eul with the start of saying "Joon Young dies..." which shocks Eul but after hearing that it's today's episode, Eul is relaxed. That really shows how much actually Eul cares for him, not because he is someone Eul used to know, but as someone Eul has cared about. We all see the time when Eul is trying to confess her feeling to him but end up with not even a chance instead she said he is not even the type of guy Eul likes.


I really like the time when Eul also looks at the big screen outside the building and the screen shows Shin Joon Young campaign to promote donation. The way Eul looked at the screen shows her longing from someone who used to know him but he is out of her reach. 


We also know, it's right from the start that JY is trying to find a woman while he asks his attroney to track a woman, requesting him to get to know the details of that woman and it turns out to be Eul because when the attroney called him to inform him about his findings, JY said there is no need because he also finds her. OMG That's Eul. 


And when they meets again, Eul is ignoring him right away. Not because she doesn't want to know him again, but imagine youself having a classmate who you used to know before and after 10 years, he has become a famous Hallyu Stars and will you expect him to know someone like you who is not significant for him? By not pretending to know him, she just ignore him and act like he is a famous top stars and she is just a PD who is trying to do her work. Eul is just awesome to act like she doesn't even care and close her true feelings for him.

OMG, while they unfold every bits of the flashback and stories, I fall even more for this drama and Lee Kyung Hee really did a good job by simply emphasizing in the small things but when we look closely at that, it's maginificent in certain way. 

Suzy is way so beautiful and Woo Bin is freakingly handsome and super HOT oppa!!!! <3

It's just enough to compare W and Uncontrollably Fond because it's totally a different genre. Besides, I guess it is not fair enough to compare the lead actress and because of the rating, they will blame the actress. The writer, PD and Director chose Suzy as the female lead because they trust her to best potraying Noh Eul and so far I could also say, she fits the female lead and I never imagine anyone else potraying Noh Eul besides Suzy because the way she talks, how selfish and depressed she is, even the cute version of her, just fits Suzy in every way.

Besides whether it's a good or bad drama, doesn't merely determined just by the ratings. Because, it's a personal preferences. I don't watch Cheese In The Trap just because I don't like the female lead. But that doesn't mean it's not good, right? Everyone talks about Cheese In The Trap but I just don't seem to be interested. Same for UF, just because you don't like the lead cast, that doesn't mean the story is not good. I believe I have a strong point in this, because the way writer-nim writes the storyline is just too beautiful if you really pay attention to the small things. You may see a different perspective from what you see.

For me, I like fantasy dramas, but I just think it's just impossible to happen in real life and that just doesn't make sense. Although I don't limit myself not to watch it, because it's still enjoyable to watch. W somehow feels strange to me due to the mysterious way of travelling into the parallel universe. Even if I gave more thought on that, I still couldn't understand how characters in manga would be real alive? But Uncontrollably Fond gives that kind of heavy feelings, yet intriguing enough for me to also feel the pain of Shin Joon Young and Eul. I am sure that we also ever felt the same way as Eul and JY felt. It's more realistic yet there are also certain points which I would say it's impossible to happen, specially the confession at the concert. It's just too good to be true, but the whole emotion is kinda the same like what we experience it every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment