Thursday, January 25, 2018

My Golden Life Ending Speculation

With 10 episodes towards the end of weekend korean drama, My Golden Life, I've been thinking a lot and so curious with the ending. It's supposed to be a happy ending - or maybe it's what I want. Personally, I want a happy ending at least in the drama I watched. Our lives are hectic already, so for our entertainment, I think a happy ending story would be the best option to warm our life.


However, if it's a happy ending in 'My Golden Life', I guess, the story would not be real and be considered as a typical k-drama, whereby a chaebol heir be together with someone from a poor family. We know, we all don't want that kind of obvious ending.

Reaching ep 40 so far, the love story between Seo Ji An & Choi Do Kyung fell apart as Do Kyung realized that he couldn't bring happiness to Ji An's life by staying by her side. She once had taken her life because of what she's been through with that family. It's just a while that she's back being her. Would she ever take the risk again of entering the family that brings her so much memories of pain? Will she be able to overcome those depressing memories?

I think My Golden Life has a good story in Korean society nowadays and I am glad that the writer took a big courage to reveal the society problem that seriously need to be cared for. Depression, is a huge mental problem in k-society which has eaten so many people throughout decades. When you are trapped in that state, I guess there is no point to continue living on. This time, the writer gave us a glimpse of what will happen if you feel that you have no more meaning in living. Seo Ji An went to hide herself, after throwing away her phone, reminiscing about the happy memories in the past, she went to hike the mountain, took some pills and decided to take her life. Believing that no one could ever find her anymore. But then, the good thing, an old man found her and took her in his care, thinking that this young woman would do it again if he had not kept her by his side. The look in her eyes is lifeless and of course she has no meaning to continue living on. Maybe being alive or death would have no difference for her. But, let me tell you, THERE IS, at least when you came back alive, that means, you have A LOT more reasons to enjoy the life has offered.

The good thing is that, during those time, Seo Ji An has a dependable Sunwoo Hyuk, a good friend who helped her through the struggling. He was reaching to her, even giving her a place to stay when she has no where to go - the place that slowly be a source of strength for her. Knowing that we can look at different perspective in life. There is no such thing as right or wrong in living your live. It doesn't mean a business management graduate should find a job in major company. You have no idea where life could take you. Even an education graduate can become a carpenter. That's when Seo Ji An realized that she should find something she loves and live her life with no regret. I love how the writer put so much effort in developing the character, the growth either physically & mentally and how she made Seo Ji An's character stands out despite so many flaws. I just love Shin Hye Sun's character so much, no words could describe it. I guess, many female lead character I love has such typically the same kind of personality. This drama brings so much improvement and making Shin Hye Sun stands out in the midst of the competition nowadays.

In regards with how the story will end, I think it will take quite a while before the story gets a happy ending. If it's going to be a happy ending, I think it's gonna take a lot of courage for Seo Ji An to come out from her world, faced a lot more challenges from Haesung Family. However, as I saw it happened, it's possible there will be internal conflict in Haesung itself - specially Choi Jae Sung, the father of Choi Do Kyung confronted his wife, No Myung Hee and his father-in-law. There is certain possibility that Jae Sung could help Do Kyung to really live his life, not as his grandfather's puppet. But again, there is price we have to pay in this world, if you want to gain something. And so, the choice is yours...

But I would like it personally if it's an ending whereby the happiness is not perfect. It's unimaginable for me if the Haesung could gladly accept Seo Ji An and free their child to love anyone that doesn't bring any benefit to the family. I guess, an ending like Secret Garden would be perfect for this story ~


No comments:

Post a Comment