Thursday, February 14, 2019

Values in Life

What is your value in life? Difficult question.

It takes me quite a while to really answer that question. Maybe it's even better to restate the question, what are you looking for in life and in what kind of situation you would like to live? What can you tolerate and what you cannot even compromise?

For me, I wish to be able to stay true to oneself. In the world full of opinions and judgment, being true to oneself is hard. There are so many platform, especially social media which can influence our life, either in positive and negative way. We tend to compare our lives with those we see in social media - which to be honest it is not entirely true. In the end, some of us lose ourself in the process of living a fulfilled life - trying to imitate the life in our ideal mind.

So, I would like to stay true being my own self and follow my heart - to learn how to find a healthy balance between listening to the world and listening to my own heart. I would like to stand strong to what I believe even though world is fighting against my belief.

I believe our purpose in life in the end is to find happiness and for me, happiness is not only a material kind of thing. Happiness is a state of mind. I wanna live this life without regrets, pursuing my dreams and have goals in life, which ultimately lead to a happy life. A happy life means I can have a peaceful life. But life is complicated and wishing to have a peaceful life without any problems is impossible. So I just wish to be able to stand up everytime I fall, being present in the moment and enjoy little things in life.

Ofcourse, I do not wish to see myself in the future working on something I don't like. I want to be financially free and be able to do what I am passionate about. To build a happy family and living life to the fullest. I do not wish to see myself in the future regreting the choice I didn't dare to take, like spending my youth working on something I do not like or do not even have time to appreciate myself by going extra miles to gain experience either by travelling or learning something new beyond my comfort zone or my boundaries.

I believe, I need to be able to live my life to the fullest and make use of my time wisely.

But, these days I've been wondering what kind of job I would like to do. Sometimes it pops up to me that I need to focus entirely on makeup job - pursuing what I really like, but to be honest, I still live in a reality, meaning, I cannot lose my 9am to 6pm job without any financial comfort. I do believe that money would come as long as you do your work passionately. That's what I believe - because at first, people would only pay me small amount for my makeup job, yet slowly, as I build my portfolio, there are few who believe in my skill. Yet, I cannot lose my job that pays well every month to my bank account stupidly. But when my corporate job seems difficult, the urge of resigning is too much to hold, but God arranges another path for me, which today I believe it makes sense to me that God really loves me. He always lead me to a better path which I couldn't imagine before.

So for now, I would just let God do what He wants with my life. Believing it will be beautiful in its time and stick to what I belive.

No comments:

Post a Comment