Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Legend of The Blue Sea Press Conference - Airing On November 16



On Novembe 14, Legend of The Blue Sea held a press conference at Imperial Palace, Seoul. It tells a story of the last mermaid on Earth who is on the verge of extinction. The drama is adapted from the original story of Little Mermaid and tells the story of her devoted love that’s told in multiple timelines, both in the past and present. 

During the Q&A portion of the event, Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun were asked about what it is like to act together. 


Lee Min Ho answered, “I like her a lot. But we didn't get close right away . . . Jun Ji Hyun has an aura that is much stronger than other actors. Compared to the patterns of the works I have done so far, it took a bit more time to get closer. At first, I was uncomfortable, but, fortunately, while we were going abroad and back to shoot overseas, we got really close. We've become friends to the point we'd laugh just by looking at each other."”

He explained that they were busy focusing on setting up their individual characters. However, they got closer later after filming bickering scenes. 


Jun Ji Hyun said, “This was the first time Lee Min Ho and I worked together, and it was hectic in the beginning because we were constructing our individual characters. I was busy taking care of my part and Lee Min Ho was busy taking care of his part, so it was a bit hard to match together. I thought of Lee Min Ho as a good actor, and think this was a good opportunity because I got to work with him this time.

She further commented that these days she talks to Lee Min Ho while they act and it has become more comfortable and fun.


Compared her new character, In Eo (a mermaid), to her old one, Cheon Song Yi from 'You Who Came From the Stars.', Jun Ji Hyun said about her character, "In Eo is a different character from Cheon Song Yi. I feel like people will be looking forward to something beyond Cheon Song Yi from 'You Who Came From the Stars.' [Pressure] like that creates a wall I do need to overcome, and whenever I act, there's stuff like that, so I have concerns; I think it's the same for the writer.

"Everything is new for In Eo. Heo Joon Jae, whom she meets for the first time, and everything she comes across in the world is fascinating and new. It was new for me and enjoyable to portray that. In particular, there are lots of scenes done underwater, so I found all of those things more new to me after filming than when I was just reading the script. In Eo is mysterious. And I unravel that sort of story, so I think I could be a good medium for that."

The director and cast also poured out their praise for lead actress Jun Ji Hyun.


First, director Jin Hyuk complimented Jun Ji Hyun on her acting and explained how difficult it is to act while swimming.

Jun Ji Hyun later commented, “I don’t want to be a mermaid ever again.” She explained that since she really likes swimming and is on the athletic side, she was confident about the physical aspect of her portraying her character. However, she revealed that it was very difficult and that she felt the extent of her physical strength.


She joked, “Every day I think about how I never want to play a character that requires water, fire, and special vocational training. But I have no regrets when I see my mermaid self on screen. I gained a lot of courage from that.”

Her co-star Sung Dong Il praised her as well and said, “I first met Jun Ji Hyun at the top of a mountain. She was in water for 4-5 hours. Even though she’s popular and is paid highly, she didn’t complain.”


He also explained that he knows a thing or two about postnatal care because he has three kids and commended Jun Ji Hyun on not complaining despite having to be in water for a very long time.

Lee Min Ho also said about viewer ratings, "I wish that we would get over 30% in viewer ratings. It'd be nice if we got about 12 to 13% for our first broadcast."


So, three reasons why you have to watch Legend of The Blue Sea:

The first point is that the drama promises a lot of fun with a mix of romance and fantasy. This drama’s interesting premise is that a mermaid, whose kind is on the brink of extinction, enters into the human world and tries to adapt to life on land. Viewers will be able to see the mermaid’s turbulent experience as well as a different kind of romance as she falls in love with a human man.

The second point is that viewers will be able to learn more about the mermaid’s story and how her connection with Lee Min Ho starts from the past and continues to the present. The mermaid’s connection with conman Heo Jun Jae as well as magistrate Dam Ryung will be revealed throughout the drama.

The third and final point is that the drama boasts an incredible cast and crew. With a solid supporting cast, “The Legend of the Blue Sea” features veteran actors such as Sung Dong Il, Na Young Hee, Hwang Shin Hye, and more. The writer, Park Ji Eun, is known for writing the popular drama “My Love From the Star,” while director Jin Hyuk is known for directing the popular drama “Master’s Sun.

Just can't wait for Wednesday to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment