Monday, November 7, 2016

Priorities Vs Realities

"Some people may only be part of your history, not your destiny."

I heard that sentence once before. I thought to myself that I kinda know what it means. But somehow, part of myself keeps denying the fact till finally yesterday, I am sure what it really means.

In terms of friendship, it's true that some people may have come for a season, but there are also a few who would stay for a lifetime and I am so glad that I have certain people who are so precious even for their existence only.

On the other hand, I mentioned before on my previous post, he came back, confirmed.
Unfortunately, he only came back for a short while. He told me as a friend that he would try to go to US for at least 7 years to continue his studies and chase his dreams.

At that exact moment, I realized that he can only be part of my history, nothing more.
I know very well that career is everyone's priorities and being successful is the goal of everyone's dream. Yet, our priorities are shaped in different forms and too bad, realities punch me right in the face that I cannot hold onto this person any longer.

Then I realized that being into a relationship requires each party to have the same goal and priorities to success. And that's the reality. It's going to be very hard if you do not match the reality and priorities in the same direction.

Now, I wonder what made me looked up on him so much before when I didn't feel anything at all when I see him again after a year? I must be bewitched by the beautiful thing last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment