Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Song Il Kook: Ideal Dad for Song Triplets

Song Il Kook spoke at a press conference for KBS 2TV’s “The Return of Superman” and explained his parenting techniques.


He said, “There are really no hard-and-fast rules in parenting. My wife and I always think together, do things by trial and error, reflect, and try again, but there is just one rule. The parents must be happy. If my wife and I are happy and love each other, the children will be the same way as well.” He revealed that this is the reason why he speaks in honorifics to his wife.

Song Il Kook said, “Even when we fight, we speak in honorifics. So since we were married, we have never raised our voices to fight. Speaking in honorifics is a way of trying to stay that way. My goal in life is to first be good to my wife by being a good husband and being a dad that my children won’t be ashamed of. My work comes after that.”

He then added, “I actually travel to China every year for historical exploration. Before that, I wasn’t this mature; I only became mature in my 30s. In my 20s, you could even say I was insufferable. However, that all changed when I started traveling to China. It’s not easy to get your name known as an actor, and I thought I got lucky. But what I realized on these trips was that perhaps it’s not that I’m lucky, but that my grandfather and mother lived good lives, and that transferred onto me.”

He concluded by saying, “When I think about how I can give back to society now, I think the first thing that I can do to show my love for the country is to live happily with the family that I’ve raised. So that’s why my first rule is to love my wife, the second rule is to be a good dad, and the third rule is to be diligent to my work.”

Song Il Kook is the example of ideal husband and daddy seriously. And what's the result? The very cute, humble and well-manner Song Triplets!

Producing director (PD) Kang Bong Gyu of “The Return of Superman” even chose Song Il Kook‘s son Minguk as the child with the most potential to become the future president of South Korea.

Kang Bong Gyu recently sat down for an interview to commemorate the third anniversary of “The Return of Superman


On his reasons for choosing Minguk, Kang Bong Gyu stated, “I actually had this conversation with the staff and writers while filming with Song Il Kook and his triplets. The staff picked Minguk as the best candidate. He’s very smart, and if any of the screenwriters or video jockeys look like they’re having a bad day, he would always try to cheer them up. Minguk has an amazing amount of empathy for others. Minguk and Manse sometimes play the role of a daughter, comforting their father Song Il Kook a lot.”

He also added, “Even if not Minguk, I think Daehan and Manse would do a good job as president, and really any of the kids [on the show].”

No comments:

Post a Comment